Hiring people with disabilities can boost income opportunities, improve the economy and increase living stability. Disability Employment Services helps businesses in Australia hire people from all walks of life, including disabled citizens looking for a job. It might be worth noting that in 2018 alone, about 53.4 percent of working citizens were disabled. But businesses also enjoy many social and economic benefits that many don’t have the faintest clue about. Read on to find out what these benefits are for businesses that hire disabled workers:
- Create A More Welcoming Environment In Australia’s Corporate Culture: People with disabilities often find themselves unable to stay active in the job market due to fear of prejudice. In this day and age, businesses in Australia can rectify that by opening more positions for disabled people. Not only does this do away with some of the major misconceptions about hiring disabled workers, but it will also open new doors to various job opportunities. Not to mention how customers with disabilities represent a broad market segment, and disabled workers can help businesses gain valuable insight into customers in a similar predicament.
- People With Disabilities Are Highly Reliable: Disability Employment Services have many skilled workers ready to take on any job in the workforce. Disabled workers make up a very reliable workforce for the company as they take fewer sick leaves, stay longer in the workplace, and give it their all regarding employee productivity. Unlike regular workers, they don’t slack off and are more than happy to take overtime for the company that hires them.
- Better Brand Image In Public: Hiring disabled people brings out a positive image of the company to the general public. Businesses sympathetic towards workers with disabilities build quite a reputation, and the diverse workforce will make the businesses more attractive to prospective employees. This allows the company to cherry-pick the best talents. Other companies will take note of this, and soon, they will diversify their workforce, improving Australia’s corporate culture for the better. Not to mention how customers will now favour such companies who are open to the issues faced by the workforce.
- Disabled Workers Embrace Challenges: Disabled people have been riddled with challenges their whole lives. The challenges have made them tenacious, open-minded and creative, able to see through a problem without much hassle. Such a mindset is invaluable to the company, and organisations that use such a talented workforce will reap the benefits sooner or later. Other coworkers will also note it and be motivated to work harder.
- Companies Can Enjoy Monetary Incentives: The Australian government offers a lot of monetary incentives to companies that hire disabled workers. Tax credits, deductions in tax levied and other reimbursement are offered by government services that companies can take full advantage of. What’s more interesting is that companies can reduce the costs of making the workspace more accessible to people with disabilities through government incentives. A majority of the costs a company incurs to train or assist disabled people can be reimbursed through various aid programmes available in Australia.
Hiring disabled people will open more opportunities for companies in the country to be more diverse and inclusive. Enjoy the benefits of having a larger talent pool by hiring disabled workers in Australia today.